To attract and retain the brightest and best employees, the Law Society promotes work-life balance as a high priority.
At the Law Society of Western Australia, we acknowledge that the quality of our working environment has a direct impact on our overall enjoyment of life. We offer a series of policies and benefits to recognise the contribution of our staff, maintain employee engagement and morale, and increase productivity.
We are always looking for career-minded people to join our team. Read about the benefits of working for the Law Society of Western Australia.
The Law Society of Western Australia is an equal opportunity employer.
See below for current vacancies at the Law Society.
Administration Officer – Part Time (0.8) FTE
Are you ready to take the next step into a broader Administration/Secretarial position and make your mark with a high-profile prestigious professional organisation? The Law Society of Western Australia, the peak body for the legal profession in Western Australia, is seeking a motivated professional to be an integral part of the Corporate Services team.
The Administration Officer role is part-time and reports to the Manager Finance and Administration.
The position undertakes a range of administrative support functions across the organisation with particular emphasis on:
- General administrative support as required and instructed by the Manager Finance and Administration;
- Assisting the Corporate Services team with the membership renewals process;
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to the General Manager Corporate Services, Manager Finance and Administration and the Corporate Services team;
- Providing administration support in peak times and periods of leave to the Office of the Chief Executive Officer.
The role will encompass the following key responsibilities:
- Process and recognise receipts into the Society’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system;
- Support the finance team with accounts processing;
- Undertake word processing, accounts processing, photocopying, filing and general administrative duties;
- Provide secretarial and administrative support;
- Assist with office management including providing cover for reception as required;
- Other duties as required or directed.
The successful applicant should have the following attributes/experience:
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills;
- At least 3 years’ experience providing secretarial/administrative support in a busy office;
- Reception management experience with excellent presentation and communication skills;
- Strong competency with the use Microsoft Word;
- Demonstrated proficiency with the use of other Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to maintain appropriate follow-up controls to ensure deliverables are achieved;
- Great people skills, team player with the ability to be strong when required;
- The ability to multi task, prioritise and manage own workload;
- High attention to detail;
- Observe safe work practices within the work environment.
Qualifications and/or Training
- Relevant administration experience.
- Certificate III – Business Administration or similar;
- Accounts Processing experience;
- Secretarial experience.
What We Offer
You will enjoy being part of a professional Corporate Services team within an organisation where expertise and experience is openly shared and continuous improvement toward best practice is encouraged and supported. This is a newly created role and is supported by a talented and experienced team.
A 3 to 5 year contract including an attractive remuneration package (plus benefits) is offered which will be aligned to the role, your qualifications and your experience.
To apply please send a resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org or to have a confidential discussion regarding the role, please contact the General Manager Corporate Services, Mr Vernon Thompson on (08) 9324 8645. A Position Description detailing the full requirements of the role is available here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted