At the Law Society of Western Australia, we acknowledge that the quality of our working environment has a direct impact on our overall enjoyment of life. We offer a series of policies and benefits to recognise the contribution of our staff, maintain employee engagement and morale, and increase productivity. Read about the benefits of working for the Law Society of Western Australia.
The Law Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Administrator - Membership, Marketing and Business Development Team
The Law Society of Western Australia is seeking to appoint a creative and energetic administration professional.
The Administrator in the Law Society’s Membership, Marketing and Business Development Team is part of a fast-paced and collaborative team which looks after over 4,500 members, all Law Society events, marketing and communication services, and sponsorship. If you are self-motivated, love to continually learn, committed to your professionalism and are proactive in realising ideas and initiatives, this position and team is for you.
Your exceptional administration, communication skills and a proactive energy will be critical in driving the effective outcomes for this dynamic and creative team. Your administration work will extend across a variety of interesting areas including events, member engagement initiatives, sponsorship and business development, marketing and communications. In addition, the role requires high levels of efficiency, quality delivery and collaborative teamwork.
The position has the following responsibilities:
• Take a customer-centric approach focusing on the customer journey and experience for all transactions with the Law Society;
• Provide administrative support to the MMBD Team;
• Active role in membership renewals, campaigns and ongoing membership retention activities and administration;
• Management and ownership of the Membership Inbox;
• Coordination of Member Privileges Program;
• Act as Committee secretary for the Young Lawyers Committee;
• High level event management support pre-delivery, during delivery and postdelivery;
• Administration support for sponsorship and business development activities including preparation of proposals, contracts and file management;
• Customer engagement via online and in person channels;
• Research, prepare and compile information as requested by General Manager;
• Reception relief and other general administration duties as required; and
• Other duties and tasks as required.
The successful applicant should have the following attributes/experience:
• Strong administrative skills including data entry, Microsoft office and CRM systems;
• Excellence in use of technology and learning new systems;
• Skilled at providing proactive support to team Managers, keeping ahead of deadlines and important dates;
• Project research, coordination and documentation skills;
• Excellent customer service skills across all touch points of the customer journey;
• Strong attention to detail whilst working in a fast-paced environment; and
• Excellent written and oral communication.
What We Offer
You will enjoy being part of a professional team within an organisation where expertise and experience is openly shared and continuous improvement toward best practice is encouraged and supported.
Salary – $60,000- $65,000 plus Superannuation depending on experience.
Expressions of interest with CV and cover letter can be emailed to email@example.com by 5.00pm Monday, 23 January 2023. Or to have a confidential discussion regarding the role, please contact the General Manager Membership, Marketing and Business Development, Áine Whelan on (08) 9324 8629.
A full Position Description is available here.
The Law Society of Western Australia is an equal opportunity employer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Membership Engagement and Marketing Executive
The Law Society of Western Australia is seeking to appoint a creative and energetic professional for maternity leave cover until January 2024.
The Membership Engagement and Marketing Executive is part of the fast-paced and collaborative Membership, Marketing and Business Development team which looks after over 4,500 members, all Law Society events, marketing services, and sponsorship. If you are self-motivated, committed to your work and need the licence to be proactive in realising ideas and initiatives, this position is for you.
Your exceptional administration, communication and stakeholder relation skills will be critical in driving the effective outcomes for this creative team. You will work across a variety of areas including social media and content creation, event planning and delivery and member engagement initiatives. In addition, the role requires high levels of efficiency, quality delivery and excellence in teamwork.
Key Requirements of the Position
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Strong customer-centric orientation with internal and external stakeholders;
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills;
• Strong strategic approach to realising tasks and projects
• Ability to translate customer needs into strong value propositions;
• Ability to edit materials and content using software such as Canva and Creative Suite;
• Ability to work closely with teams to deliver key marketing messages and branding;
• Ability to work independently and problem solve quickly when required
• Sound digital and social media management and campaigns in consultation with stakeholder requirements;
• Ability to write and create new marketing collateral, including content marketing, for best practice customer engagement;
• Experience in event planning, execution and evaluation;
• Excellent membership servicing and relationship building;
• Familiarity with CRM systems, report generation and data analysis
• Strong time management skills;
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise effectively in the undertaking of multiple tasks and projects;
• Ability to remain composed under pressure;
• Ability to undertake research where required;
• Experience writing new copy for all marketing channels (essential);
• Experience with video editing, WordPress and design software (essential);
• Understanding of membership associations (desirable);
• Knowledge of professional services markets (desirable).
2.2 Qualifications and or/Training
• Degree in marketing, media, communications or similar or relevant experience;
• Relevant membership and/or marketing experience.
The position has the following responsibilities to:
• Take a customer-centric approach focusing on the customer journey and experience for Law Society members and potential members;
• Work closely with stakeholders within the Law Society to deliver key marketing messages and branding;
• Prepare marketing and communications plans for events and professional development where required;
• Create strong value propositions for member engagement and marketing activities;
• Provide best practice customer service to members including answering queries, attracting new members and keeping membership CRM up to date;
• Use of CRM to track member engagement, including running reports and updating of member data;
• Prepare and edit materials and content using software such as Canva and Creative Suite and work closely with the Society’s in-house Communications and Design Officer;
• Create and manage social media communications and campaigns in consultation with Law Society internal stakeholders including newsletters, EDMS, social media campaigns, videos and other;
• Provide reports on analytics and required metrics;
• Support the development of member renewal campaigns, including membership renewals and retention, member segmentation and targeted messaging;
• Play an active role in membership renewals plus ongoing member recruitment;
• Assist with the preparation and delivery of membership presentation
Salary – up to $70,000 plus Superannuation depending on experience.
To obtain a copy of the job description, please click here.
To find out more about the benefits of working for the Law Society please click here.
Expressions of interest with CV and cover letter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm Monday, 23 January 2023. Or to have a confidential discussion regarding the role, please contact the General Manager Membership, Marketing and Business Development, Áine Whelan on (08) 9324 8629.
Shortlisting will commence ASAP. Only candidates who meet the position requirements, are fully vaccinated and Australian Residents will be shortlisted. No recruitment agency submissions will be accepted. The Law Society reserves the right to appoint a suitable candidate prior to the closing date.