The essential membership of the legal profession
With more than 4,000 members, the Law Society of Western Australia is the peak association for the legal profession in WA. With a range of membership categories available, Law Society membership provides access to invaluable support and resources throughout your career. Click here to find out more about the benefits of your membership.
We are critically aware of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our members and we have been working hard to ensure that membership with the Law Society is as important and relevant as ever during these uncertain times. In order to combat the unprecedented global impacts of COVID-19, the Law Society has put measures in place to respond to this crisis effectively and support you, our valued members during this challenging period.
For more information on our special COVID-19 Support Package for members, please click here.
Join any time
The Law Society membership year runs from 1 July to 30 June but new memberships are welcome throughout the year, with pro-rata rates available*.
Persons entitled to become members of the Law Society of Western Australia become members on application to the Council and on payment of all subscriptions then due and payable.
Find your membership category
Please answer the question(s) below to find your appropriate membership category and join online.
- Ordinary membership application form
- Associate membership application form
- Incorporated Legal Practice membership application form
- Student membership application form
- Judiciary membership application form
- Ordinary member agreement
- Membership brochure
* New members are practitioners who have not previously been members of the Law Society of Western Australia or who were not members in the 2019/20 financial year**. Pro-rata does not apply to CPD Freedom, Legal Trainee / Articled Clerk (not currently employed) or Student membership.
- Online: Pay online via our membership application form (new members) or membership renewal form (existing members)
- Cheque: Post the application form or invoice remittance advice with your cheque made payable to: Law Society of Western Australia
- Credit Card: Fill in your credit card details on the application form or invoice remittance advice
- Direct Debit: To pay by direct debit, complete the direct debit form
If paying by cheque, credit card or direct debit please send the required documentation to:
Post: Law Society of Western Australia, PO Box Z5345, Perth WA 6831 or DX 173, Perth
Fax: (08) 9324 8699
Options to pay your membership in installments are available. For more information please contact Member Services on (08) 9324 8692 or firstname.lastname@example.org
On Leave Membership
The Law Society has introduced a new category of membership for members who are taking unpaid leave, for example maternity, parental, carers, study or stress/sick leave. We recognise the challenges that may arise when you are out of the profession for an extended period of time without remuneration.
If you are taking this type of leave for a period of between 6 and 12 months, your membership fee can now be suspended. During this time, you can continue to enjoy the Society’s member benefits and privileges. You will also be entitled to a 50% discount on Law Society CPD seminars during this period until you have earned your required number of CPD points.
For membership queries, contact Member Services on (08) 9324 8692 or email email@example.com