14 – 18 May 2018
The law affects each of our daily lives; from knowing our rights under the law, creating employment contracts, how a mediation works, setting up a business, having a will prepared or simply knowing what to do or where to go for legal assistance.
Law Week is an annual opportunity for the legal profession to engage with the Western Australian community to build a shared understanding of the vital role of the law in our society.
During Law Week, the Law Society showcases a series of events and information sessions focusing on law and justice in the community such as:
Attorney General’s Community Service Law Awards
Presented as part of Western Australian Law Week in May, the two Law Awards recognise one individual legal practitioner and one organisation which have provided outstanding pro bono legal services to the Western Australian community. Nominations are now open. Click here to find out more.
- Law Week Breakfast and the 2018 Attorney General’s Community Service Law Awards, Monday, 14 May 2018, Parmelia Hilton Perth
- The Law Access Walk for Justice 2018, Tuesday, 15 May 2018, Commencing in front of the Bell Tower on the CBD foreshore at Barrack Square, Elizabeth Quay
- 10 Things You Need to Know About the Consumer Laws That Protect You, Presentation by Consumer Protection, Tuesday, 15 May 2018, Level 5, 160 St Georges Terrace, Perth – Register for free via email email@example.com or call (08) 9324 8600.
- Annual Quiz Night, Tuesday, 15 May 2018, arranged by Pragma Legal, at Subiaco Sports Club
- Law Week Panel Presentation hosted by the Law Society’s Young Lawyers Committee, Wednesday, 16 May 2018, Supreme Court of Western Australia
- Social Justice Career Opportunities, Thursday 17 May 2018, Parmelia Hilton Perth
- Panel Discussion – My Culture My Story: Aboriginal Women Leaders in Law, Friday, 18 May 2018, Old Court House Law Museum, Perth
- CPD Day for Country Practitioners, Friday 18 May 2018, 160 St Georges Terrace, Perth
- Law Week Awards Night, Friday, 18 May 2018, Bankwest Place, Perth
Free information sessions to members of the Community by:
- Consumer Protection
- Public Trustees
- Strata Community Association WA