Diary Promotion Terms and Conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry (Terms and Conditions). Entry into the DIARY GIVEAWAY (Promotion) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2) The promoter of the Promotion is THE LAW SOCIETY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, ABN 41 4345 165 49 of LEVEL 4, 160 ST GEORGES TERRACE, PERTH (Promoter). Clarity Communications Australia Pty Limited (ABN 60 095 936 020) (Clarity Communications), will assist the Promoter to promote the Promotion (Promotion Partners).
3) The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn.
4) All references to time in these Terms and Conditions are a reference to the local time in Perth, Western Australia, Australia.
5) The Promotion commences at ON 14 FEBRUARY 2019 and closes at the time all promotions have been claimed or by 22 FEBRUARY 2019 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter the Promotion
6) Subject to clauses 7 and 8, entry is open only to West Australian residents with a West Australian postal address (Eligible Entrants).
7) Entrants must be adults and over the age of 18.
8) Businesses are ineligible to enter the Promotion.
9) Directors, management, employees, agents, and their immediate families of the Promoter or Promotion Partners and any of their related bodies corporate are ineligible to enter the Promotion.
Entry into the Promotion
10) To enter the Promotion, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
- Join the Law Society of Western Australia as a new Ordinary Member with membership fees paid in full. A membership subscription can be taken out as follows:
Join online via the Law Society’s website: www.lawsocietywa.asn.au
Phone the Law Society on (08) 9324 8600
Email the Membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quote the code DIARY2019 upon signup as an Ordinary Member
11) The time of entry is deemed to be the time an entry is received by the Promoter.
Invalid entries into the Promotion
12) The Promoter is not responsible for any late or misdirected entries, incorrect contact details, when all DIARIES have been claimed or if a booking is received through a third party.
13) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and whether any entrant is an Eligible Entrant (including any entrant’s identity and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process.
Drawing of winners
14) The entries will be judged by the Promoter on the basis of TIME RECEIVED (THE FIRST TEN NEW ORDINARY MEMBERS WHO MEET THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS WILL RECEIVE A DIARY) throughout the Promotion Period.
15) Chance plays no part in the selection of winners.
16) The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17) The Promoter will notify the winners by a message or comment to their social media account at or around the times stated in clause 5 above.
18) The Promoter will arrange a time with the winners to pick up their prize from THE LAW SOCIETY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
19) There will be TEN winners. The promotion winners will each be awarded the following prize: A 2019 DIARY FROM THE LAW SOCIETY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- TEN DIARIES
20) All prizes are inclusive of GST.
21) The prize must be taken as stated, is not transferable to another person (unless agreed by the Promoter in its absolute discretion), cannot be exchanged for other goods or services, and cannot be taken as cash. It is a condition of accepting each prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
22) If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize up to the equal value or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
23) Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include MAILING COSTS.
Major prize winners
24) As a condition of accepting the major prize, the major prize winners consents to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and voice (including photographs, film and recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration and without notice for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), promoting the Promoter or Promotion Partners and promoting any products manufactured, distributed or supplied by the Promoter or the Promotion Partners (Purpose).
25) As a condition of accepting any prize, the Promotion winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
26) As a condition of accepting any prize, the Promotion winner must provide proof of their identity to the Promoter in the form required by the Promoter.
Reservation of rights
27) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion at any time.
28) Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Limitation of liability
29) The Promoter and others associated with this Promotion and their respective related bodies corporate, officers, employees, contractors, and agents will not be held liable for any loss, damage, injury or death whatsoever which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss and including but not limited to any loss, damage, injury or death arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion, the promotion of this Promotion, the installation or any use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case the liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
Use of Personal information
30) All entries become the property of the Promoter.
31) This clause sets out the basis on which the Promoter may use an Eligible Entrant’s personal information, such as their name, age and town of residence (Personal Information):
- Eligible Entrants warrant that any Personal Information that they provide to the Promoter is accurate;
- Eligible Entrants irrevocably consent to the Promoter using any Personal Information which they submit in connection with this Promotion on an on-going basis for any purposes connected with the Promoter’s business, including the conduct of the Promotion and publication of prize winners;
- the Promoter’s use of an Eligible Entrant’s Personal Information in accordance with this clause may involve:
(i) publication in any media (including the Promoter’s websites, social media pages, in print and on television); and
(ii) disclosure to third parties (including State and Territory lottery departments and the Promoter’s contractors) in connection with the Promoter’s business;
- Eligible Entrants will not be entitled to receive any remuneration or notice in relation to the Promoter’s use of their Personal Information in accordance with this clause; and
- The Promoter complies with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
32) Eligible Entrants, in the event they are a prize winner, consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and voice (including photographs, film and recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration and without notice for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), promoting the Promoter or Promotion Partners and promoting any products manufactured, distributed or supplied by the Promoter or the Promotion Partners.
33) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting the prize. Eligible Entrants should seek independent financial advice.
34) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
35) These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Western Australia.