Level 5, 160 St Georges Terrace Perth
In terms of the orders that it can make, many people consider the Family Court to be the most powerful court in Australia.
This seminar considers the question of whether assets can be protected, either before or after separation, from a Family Court division of property and will be relevant for both family and non-family lawyers alike.
This seminar evaluates:
- The treatment of discretionary trusts in the Family Court
- The treatment of trusts in general in such as testamentary trusts and unit trusts
- How the Family Court deals with offshore assets
- Is it possible to “Family Court Proof” a trust or asset or financial arrangement? Can you at least mitigate the risk?
- Binding Financial Agreements: are they watertight?
1 points Competency 4 Substantive Law
Chair - Trevor O’Sullivan