Level 5, 160 St Georges Terrace PERTH
This advanced workshop is aimed at practitioners with over five years’ experience. It will assist you to keep abreast of the latest developments in contract law and help you develop your technical skills to enable you to provide more effective solutions for your clients. This practical, interactive workshop will include an overview of recent key developments in contract law, indemnities & guarantees and Exclusion clauses and financial caps.
Part 1: The Year In Review
- The principles of contract interpretation
- Issues in contract formation
- Bank guarantees and performance bonds
- Termination of contract and the ipso facto legislative reforms
- Statutory unconscionable conduct in commercial transactions
- The unfair contract terms regime
Part 2: Indemnities and Guarantees
- Nature of a contractual indemnity
- Indemnities and guarantees: the difference
- Establishing the scope of an indemnity: causal triggers
- Subrogation and contribution
Part 3: Exclusion clauses and financial caps
- Drafting exclusion and limitation of liability clauses. Avoiding the traps.
- The exclusion of liability for negligence
- The exclusion of remedies for breach of contract
- Carve-outs from a liability cap
Morning Tea will be provided.
15 places in this special course are reserved for CPD Freedom members to attend at no additional cost. Once these places are filled all delegates will be required to pay the Member/Non-member fee.
3.5 points Competency 4 Substantive Law
Norton Rose Fulbright