Intellectual Property 101 – What You Need to Know About Protecting Your Intellectual Property
Tue, 14 May 2019 | 12.30pm - 1.30pm
About the event
As part of Law Week, the Law Society’s Intellectual Property and Technology Committee is hosting a free event aimed at educating start-ups and small businesses about intellectual property.
Come along to learn:
- What is intellectual property?
- Why is it so important for business owners to know about it?
- How do you protect it?
- How do you commercialise it?
Hear from some of Perth’s leading legal minds who specialise in intellectual property matters, particularly in the technology space, including:
- Iain Freeman, a partner in Lavan’s Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution team. Iain has extensive experience in intellectual property law, having acted in numerous intellectual property disputes.
- Dave Stewart, principal at Bennett + Co Corporate & Commercial Law. Since 2000, Dave has won 22 of the 27 trade mark hearings in which he has appeared as counsel. Dave has a specialist skill set in trade marks for the alcoholic beverages industry and for pharmaceutical companies.
- Nadia Mansour, Managing Director at Elisian. Nadia has been recommended by Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession as a Leading Telecommunications, Media and Technology Lawyer – 2012 & 2015 and Leading Intellectual Property Lawyer 2016.
- Clare Mould, Special Counsel at Lindsay Street Partners. Clare has worked with hundreds of start-ups and SMEs providing strategic intellectual property advice.
- Sam Fiddian, Senior Associate at Clayton Utz working in the intellectual property and technology practice group. Sam’s role includes providing legal advice and services in the areas of intellectual property and technology, cyber security and privacy.
- Nicole Mumford, Legal Counsel at RAC WA. Nicole is a commercial lawyer with a keen interest in intellectual property, technology, data and privacy.
The format of the event will be by way of panel discussion with plenty of time for questions from the audience.
This event is open to all business owners, lawyers, students and members of the community with an interest in intellectual property.