Level 5, 160 St Georges Terrace Perth
Please note that this seminar will also be live streamed. To register for the webinar please click here.
The purpose of this seminar will be to analyse the changes being introduced in early 2018 to the Joint Form General Conditions for the Sale of Land; the conditions most commonly used for the sale of land in Western Australia. Particular topics to be addressed:
- The rectification of defects before settlement and the ramifications of unrepaired defects during final inspections
- Representations and warranties by sellers and the ramifications of them being breached.
- Deposits, sub-divisions and the concept of “Future Lots”
- Service of notices, including (now) by email
- Early possession before settlement and who is liable to pay outgoings
- Other amendments to the General Conditions and the standard Offer and Acceptance produced by REIWA, including electronic conveyancing, security interests and foreign resident withholding amounts.
1 points Competency 4 Substantive Law
Peta Whyte (Chair)
Herbert Smith Freehills