160 ST GEORGES TCE PERTH
Celebrating Later Lawyers!
We invite you to attend the Young Lawyers Committee’s Later Lawyers Discussion and Networking Event. Draw upon the collective wisdom of our panellists: Helen De Brito, Legal Aid WA; Magistrate John O’Sullivan; Janie Plant, Cullen Macleod and Cav. Maria Saraceni, Francis Burt Chambers; all who came to the law later in life, or did not follow a traditional pathway to law, and who have experienced great professional success.
The panel will cover:
- the panellists’ personal stories of their first few years in the profession;
- the challenges and advantages of a late or non-traditional entry to the legal profession; and
- the art of juggling commitments in your busy life.
The panel will be followed by a relaxed discussion with like-minded people over wine and cheese.
The Young Lawyers Committee is not just for lawyers that are young in age, but for all those in the early stages of their legal career.
Note: A Later Lawyer is a practitioner with less than 5 years’ post-admission experience or a penultimate or final year mature-age law student who self-identifies as being a “Later Lawyer”, including individuals who:
- have had previous careers before entering the legal profession;
- have re-entered the profession after time away; or
- are new to practising in Perth