Durack Centre, 263 Adelaide Terrace Perth
The Law Society in association with The College of Law is pleased to present a special two-day interactive course Search Inside Yourself (SIY). SIY teaches mindfulness and emotional intelligence skills that lead to sustained peak performance, strong collaboration and effective leadership. This training complements your technical skills to strengthen the whole of person approach to achieving successful professional and personal outcomes.
The original 2-day mindfulness-based emotional intelligence training program designed, developed and tested at Google will improve focus, empathy and resilience to harness your team’s full potential.
This two-day course is offered at special discounted prices for the legal profession and offers 28 days of post course resources and exercises to embed learning and good habits.
The 2-day interactive program includes:
- An overview of the neuroscience supporting mindfulness and emotional intelligence.
- A deep-dive into the emotional intelligence capacities: self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and leadership.
- Practical exercises to focus attention and develop self-awareness and empathy, the foundation for self-mastery and leadership.
- Specific workplace applications to help participants achieve greater focus, emotional balance, empathy and motivation.
- A highly interactive experience, with 1/3 presentation and 2/3 hands-on exercises.
- A 28-day challenge following the 2-day program. Daily resources and exercises are provided to help people build new habits after the training.
- Lunch provided as well as morning and afternoon tea.
Participants will experience lasting improvements, including:
- Increased self-awareness and self-regulation, the first two core emotional intelligence competencies.
- Practical take-away skills: a range of mindfulness practices, journaling, and techniques for self-awareness, empathetic listening, and preparing for difficult conversations.
- Tools to communicate with insight and awareness of others’ emotions and perspectives.
How the program works:
The SIY program kicks off with a highly interactive two-day in-person session. It continues with a 4-week practice integration period delivered online, and concludes with a webinar.
- Live Training (2 days): Experiential training in mindfulness, neuroscience and the five emotional intelligence capacities.
- Virtual Practice (4 weeks): Daily exercises and resources delivered by email to help build new habits.
- Webinar (1 hour): Reconnect with your teachers and group to review and set a plan for continuation.
Click here for the programme for the two days.
Past attendee testimonial
“I highly recommend SIY to anyone looking to improve the way their team works together, enhance their innovative thinking and clarity, reduce stress, improve general wellbeing, manage difficult conversations, and be generally more at peace.”
Course Facilitator Cathryn Urquhart is a Certified Teacher at the Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute, a professional skills trainer and coach, and an Adjunct Lecturer at the College of Law.
Cathryn studied and worked as a lawyer, but now focuses on training and coaching. She was drawn to Mindfulness many years ago and was inspired to embark on the year long Search Inside Yourself Teacher Training program in order to be able to bring this Course to professionals in Australia.
2 points Competency 1 Practice Management
2 points Competency 2 Professional Skills