Durack Centre, 263 Adelaide Terrace Perth
The Law Society’s Young Lawyers Committee is pleased to host the Social Justice Career Opportunities Evening once again.
Join us and discover how you can learn about having a meaningful career in the human rights and social justice space at this informative evening event. Whether you are a law student, young lawyer or established professional, find out how you can engage and be inspired by this important area of the law and even how you can embark on a new career pathway.
Our dynamic panel of speakers will explain how you can get involved in the work of a diverse range of human rights organisations including pro-bono and volunteer opportunities.
- Alana Dowley, Chief Executive Officer, Law Access
- Megan Mckrill, Chief Executive Officer, OVIS Community Services
- Hamish Glenister, Legal Practice Director, William Gerard Legal
- Melissa De Abreu, Senior Lawyer, Australian Human Rights Commission
- Alice Barter, Managing Lawyer, Civil Law and Human Rights Unit, Aboriginal Legal Service of Western Australia Limited
- Tom Durkin, Graduate Solicitor, Legal Aid WA
- Luella Botteon, Solicitor & CLE Project Support, Street Law Centre WA
Stick around after the presentations for drinks and canapés, with the opportunity to network with the speakers and a number of exhibitors present that work in the social justice area.
This event is open to all members and non-members from the legal profession and is perfect for students and young lawyers.
This event sold out quickly in 2021, so don’t delay and reserve your place for this popular informative evening.
For event enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9324 8692, or book online above.