The Law Society of Western Australia is committed to ensuring the legal profession and its members treat all people with respect and dignity regardless of sex or sexuality. We believe equality for LGBTIQ people is fundamental to a free and inclusive community.
LGBTIQ equality is important to the legal community not only from a moral and ethical standpoint but also because diversity and inclusion are highly beneficial within the workplace. Diversity and inclusion arguably help to drive innovation and boost productivity.
The Law Society is keen to create and foster equality through a supportive and understanding environment for all individuals to realise their potential regardless of difference. We seek to promote and support a strong and fair legal profession comprising, accommodating, encouraging and respecting a diverse range of individuals and views.
- How to make your workplace LGBTI friendly – Law Council of Australia
- Living Proud – online resources page covering a variety of LGBT issues
- Living Proud – guide to equality for LGB people under WA Law
- Beyond Blue – mental health fact sheet about depression and anxiety in LGBTQI people
- National LGBTI Health Alliance