Lawyers working for small practices may enjoy closer relationships with their colleagues and have more opportunities to get to know their clients and their legal issues in greater depth.
Sole practitioners are able to enjoy a higher degree of flexibility when it comes to working hours. Sole practitioners are also able to take on the rewards, risks and responsibilities that come with being self-employed.
Small firms and sole practitioners who are members of the Law Society of Western Australia experience a number of benefits:
- Attend free information and networking forums especially tailored for Sole Practitioner and Small Firm lawyers, held three times a year
- Capped professional liability through our Professional Standards Scheme (formerly Limitation of Liability Scheme)
- Generate business through registering for our Find a Lawyer service
- Access free resources and guidelines to help you lead the way in professional practice
- Influence the agenda through membership on one or more of our 40+ committees and nominate for Council
- Have your voice heard nationally and internationally through the Law Society’s constituent membership of the Law Council of Australia