For an application to be eligible for funding it must fall within the objectives of the Public Purposes Trust Fund. It is the responsibility of applicant to identify which object(s) from 1 to 3(e) the project/program falls within.
The Objectives of the Trust Fund are:
- To advance the education of the community, and any section of it, with respect to the law
- To advance the collection, assessment and dissemination to the community, and any section of it, of information relating to the law
- To improve the access of the community, and any section of it, to legal services
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the objects shall include, to the extent that they are in aid of any of the principal objects, any of the following:
- To advance the education with respect to the law of persons desiring to study law, law students, law graduates, legal practitioners, and persons having responsibility for legal education and for the administration of the law and the legal system
- To establish and advance law libraries and legal information services, including computerised legal information retrieval services
- To advance the examination of the law, the legal system, the legal profession, legal education, legal services and the effect of any of them on the community, or any section of it
The objects of the Trust Fund shall also include:
- To promote and establish any body having objects altogether or in part similar to any of the objects set out in this Clause 3 and to sponsor or otherwise support activities of any such body insofar as the same shall be incidental or conducive to any of the objects set out in this Clause 3; and
- To carry out, encourage and support any act, matter or thing which is or may be incidental or conducive to any of the above objects or which may be conveniently done in connection therewith.
Persons, organisations or institutions can apply for funding for activities that fall within the objects of the Trust Fund, for the triennial period 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023 and the annual period 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023 by submitting an online application from 9am Thursday, 1 July to no later than 4pm Friday, 30 July 2021.
For information on the application and assessment process, read our annual information booklet.