Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction – John C Crosby
Are you looking for some direction or guidance to take the next step in your career? Are you wanting to share your lessons learnt and give back to the profession? There are great career and social benefits in participating in the mentoring programme – it is a two-way street and you get out of it what you put in.
2017 Mentoring Programme
The Law Society offers a rigorous mentoring programme for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander law students and practitioners in April each year.
Mentors and mentees attend separate workshops to establish an understanding of the responsibilities, benefits and parameters of the mentoring relationship. Matches are carefully selected and the mentoring relationship is monitored by the programme facilitator.
In 2017 the Law Society are offering the mentoring programme to
- Junior practitioner (less than 5 years experience)
- Practitioner (more then 5 years experience)
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander law students
Expression of Interests for the 2017 Mentoring Programme have now closed.
The mentoring programme for practitioners is open to any certificated practitioner who:
- is a financial ordinary member of the Law Society
- will be able to participate in the programme between July 2017 and March 2018
This programme receives great feedback each year. Please read our mentees testimonials for more information.
For more information please email email@example.com or call (08) 9324 8600.
BENEFITS TO MENTEE
- Make potentially long term professional connections
- Improve communication and interpersonal skills
- Identify professional development opportunities
- Set career goals and pathways to achieve success
- Gain a role model
- Opportunity to discuss matters openly and in-confidence with senior members of the profession
- Opportunity to review your CV
BENEFITS TO MENTOR
- Personal and professional satisfaction
- Give back to the profession
- Share your experience
- Learn from your mentee
- Be at the forefront of emerging issues for practitioners and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander law students
- Assisting practitioners/law students with the many challenges and expectations of a career in the law
COMMITMENT OF MENTORS
- New mentors to attend a training workshop at 4.30pm – 6.00pm on Tuesday, 30 May 2017
- Meet one-to-one with mentee approximately every four weeks from July 2017 to March 2018
The mentoring programme is proudly sponsored by