2018/19 Annual Report
The main focus of the General Conditions for the Sale of Land Committee’s work in 2018/19 was reviewing the feedback on the updated 2018 revision of the Joint Form of General Conditions for the Sale of Land (Joint Form), to be taken into account for the next full revision.
The Committee addressed:
- providing the Joint Form in electronic format;
- feedback on the GST Withholding Annexure;
- GST at settlement;
- issues surrounding electronic conveyancing;
- incorporating electronic conveyancing into the main form, not as an annexure;
- incorporating foreign withholding amounts into the main form, not as an annexure;
- PEXA credentials and digital certificates;
- the removal of Duplicate Certificates of Title; and
- the review of the Inter-Governmental Agreement for an Electronic Conveyancing National Law.
The Law Society will soon offer the Joint Form electronically, via a modified version of Real Estate Institute Forms Live on the Society’s website.
For more information about this committee please email General Manager, Advocacy – Mary Woodford, firstname.lastname@example.org