The Francis Burt Law Education Programme seeks to advance the Western Australian community’s understanding of the law, legal principles and the court system.
The Programme operates on the principle that all people must understand the law and the legal system, which affects their daily lives. Housed in the Old Court House Law Museum, the oldest building in the City of Perth, qualified Education Officers present structured legal education programmes.
The Education Programme offers
- School and community group tours with;
- court visits (Supreme Court, District Court or Magistrates Court);
- an empty court activity; and
- scripted trials based on fictional scenarios and historical West Australian cases;
- Education resources mapped to the WA curricula;
- Professional learning for teachers;
- Lawyer Visits to Schools Network;
- Subsidised School Visits Programme;
- Cluedunnit Kids Competition;
- Youth Civics Leadership Day; and
- The Sir Ronald Wilson Lecture.
Proudly supported by: