The essential membership of the legal profession
With more than 3,700 members, the Law Society of Western Australia is the peak association for the legal profession in WA. With a range of membership categories available, Law Society membership provides access to invaluable support and resources throughout your career. View our membership brochure for more information.
The Law Society membership year runs from 1 July to 30 June but new memberships are welcome throughout the year, with pro-rata rates available*.
Find your membership category
Please answer the question(s) below to find your appropriate membership category and join online.
- Ordinary membership application form
- Associate membership application form
- Incorporated Legal Practice membership application form
- Student membership application form
- Ordinary member agreement
- Membership brochure
* New members are practitioners who have not previously been members of the Law Society of Western Australia or who were not members in the 2015/16 financial year**. Pro-rata does not apply to CPD Active, Legal Trainee / Article Clerk (not currently employed) or Student membership.
** From 1 January – 30 April 2017, special memberships premiums are available for practitioners who were members in the 2015/16 financial year.
- Online: Pay online via our membership application form (new members) or membership renewal form (existing members)
- Cheque: Post the application form or invoice remittance advice with your cheque made payable to: Law Society of Western Australia
- Credit Card: Fill in your credit card details on the application form or invoice remittance advice
- Direct Debit: To pay by direct debit, complete the direct debit form
If paying by cheque, credit card or direct debit please send the required documentation to:
Post: Law Society of Western Australia, PO Box Z5345, Perth WA 6831 or DX 173, Perth
Fax: (08) 9324 8699
On Leave Membership
The Law Society, through the work of the Joint Law Society/Women Lawyers Committee, has introduced a new category of membership for members who are taking unpaid leave, for example maternity, parental, carers, study or stress/sick leave. We recognise the challenges that may arise when you are out of the profession for an extended period of time without remuneration.
If you are taking this type of leave for a period of between 6 and 12 months, your membership fee can now be suspended. During this time, you can continue to enjoy the Society’s member benefits and privileges. You will also be entitled to a 50% discount on Law Society CPD seminars during this period until you have earned your required number of CPD points.
For membership queries, contact Member Services on (08) 9324 8692 or email email@example.com