All webpages on the domain name www.lawsocietywa.asn.au collectively comprise the ‘Law Society website’, the website of the Law Society of Western Australia.
The laws of Western Australia govern these Terms and Conditions of Use.
No Warranty or Representation
The information on the Law Society website may not be accurate or up to date in all instances. The Law Society does not warrant the quality, accuracy or completeness of any information on the Law Society website.
The Law Society website may contain links to third party websites. The Law Society does not make any representations regarding the contents of third party websites.
The Law Society expressly disclaims any liability for or with respect to:
- the contents of the Law Society website
- the contents of any third party websites to which the Law Society website links
No Legal Advice
No information provided on the Law Society website is intended to constitute legal advice. Many factors unknown to the Law Society may affect the applicability of any information on the Law Society website. You should seek appropriate legal advice from a qualified legal practitioner about any legal issues.
Copyright is reserved to the Law Society of Western Australia and all rights are reserved.
The Law Society of Western Australia either owns the intellectual property rights in the underlying HTML, text, code, multimedia and other content that is accessible to you on the Law Society of Western Australia website, or the Law Society has obtained the permission of the owner of the intellectual property in such content to use the content on the Law Society website.
Apart from any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review, as permitted under the Copyright Act, no permission is given for reproduction or publication by any person of any of the materials on this website unless express permission is first obtained in writing by the Law Society of Western Australia.
The Law Society’s logo and domain name are trade marks held by the Law Society of Western Australia. No permission is given for reproduction or publication by any person save than the allowance made pursuant to members’ entitlement under the conditions granted or as a result of approved linking.
All product names mentioned on the Law Society website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
You must not do any of the following without the prior written consent of the Law Society:
- accumulate, compile, disseminate, extract, process or reproduce in any form any webpages on the Law Society website or information on the Law Society website
- use or reproduce any Law Society trademark, logo or design on the Law Society website
- use contact information specified on the Law Society website about a person, body, corporation or other legal entity to send unsolicited communications in any form to that person, body, corporation or other legal entity
- use the Law Society website in any manner that hinders or prevents access to or use of the Law Society website by the Law Society or other users
- use any type of device, process, routine or software which either systematically or non-systematically interferes or attempt to interferes with the functioning of the Law Society website or any transaction or process conducted on or through the Law Society website
- incorporate into or store any information from the Law Society website in any other website, database, publication or other work in any form
- create a link to the Law Society website from another website
- use the Law Society website other than as specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions of Use, or
- use the Law Society website for any unlawful purpose or activity.
The content found herein may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors and the Law Society of Western Australia does not make any warranties as to the accuracy, reliability and completeness of any such information. The Law Society of Western Australia reserves the right to revise the content of this website or withdraw access to this website at any time without notice. While all due care and diligence has been used to maintain the source data, the Law Society of Western Australia does not make any representations or warranty as to the accuracy of the data.
Amendments to Law Society website
The Law Society reserves the right to revise or remove information from the Law Society website at any time.
The Law Society website contains ‘cookies’, which are text files that contain information and which are stored on your computer when you visit the Law Society website.
- counting the number of visitors and analysing traffic
- accessing and logging into functions for subscriptions
These may be either ‘persistent’ cookies, which are permanent and stored on your computer after you have closed your web browser, or ‘session’ cookies, which disappear when you close your web browser.
You may change the settings in your web browser to disable the storage of cookies and to remove undesired cookies.